Here at OPD Invest, we are keen to bring you the best overseas property investment opportunities worldwide, whilst working with only the best agencies and developers to make sure that your investment is secure and worthwhile.
But, we’d also like to share our advice with you on what you need to do before you invest in overseas property, as follows:
- If you don’t understand a contract, don’t sign it!
- Arrange the right finance deal, there are lots of options, choose the best one! We can help >
- Seek Specialist advice, get that advice from recommendations and from people who know the area
- Get an independent valuation, don’t pay over the odds!
- Buying a New Build Property? Do your research on the developer, gain testimonials, check their track record
- Does the owner or developer have full entitlement on the land? Make sure this is the case, unless you already know otherwise
- Have you chosen the right location? Does it tick all the boxes? Arrange an inspection trip and speak with Ex-Pats about the area if you are largely unfamiliar with the area
- Bank Accounts - Consider opening a bank account in your chosen country of residence. Pay your local taxes directly through this.
- Have you considered all costs? It’s not just the cost of the property that you have to worry about, but also the costs for things such as Solicitors Fees, IVA, Insurance and Taxes etc
- Travel - How will you get to the destination? Is it easily accessible and are flight routes going to change?
- Health - Do you have the right Health Insurances in place, and does the desired location offer all of the Health Support you may require?
- Will your family come to visit you? Is it suitable for all members of your family? Speak to family members that this concerns and ask their opinion.
We have really just scratched the surface with things here, but the basis of the article is to ‘Do Your Research’! The dream is to relax and enjoy yourself, so make sure that you are covered for every eventuality.
If you need any advice on buying property overseas, there are many resources at your disposal, but OPD would love to help you out.